Newcastle Show X Doughheads Eating Challenge
1.25kg of doughnut goodness, 20 minutes and the chance to WIN a year's supply of Doughheads!
Together with the Newcastle Regional Show we want to find Newcastle's Doughnut Eating Champion! So if you think you've got what it takes, read on below to find out how to take the crown.
How does it work?
To be in the running for a shot to become Newcastle's Doughnut Eating Champion any competitor can purchase a 'Challenge Ticket' through our shop (TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE)
. This ticket entitles the competitor to the opportunity to come to Doughheads and attempt to eat the 1.25kg 'doughnut cake'.
The competitor must consume as much of the Doughnut Cake as possible within the allocated 20 minutes. A staff member of Doughheads will time the competitor and if successful in finishing the challenge, we will record the time alongside your entry. If the competitor is unable to completely finish the Doughnut Cake, the leftovers will be weighed and recorded on the entry form.
Heats will run at the following dates and times in store at Doughheads:
Sunday 23rd February at 2pm
Saturday 29th February at 2pm
Sunday 1st March at 11am and 2pm
What do the Challenge Competitors receive?
- Every competitor receives the opportunity to enter the Doughheads' Doughnut Challenge and have their name and success recorded in store for other competitors to aspire to
- Every competitor will receive a 10% off voucher for their next visit to Doughheads
- The 3 competitors who both finish the entire challenge and do it in the fastest time will receive free tickets to the Newcastle Regional Show and entry into the Final Event (to run on Saturday 7th March 2020) to attempt to become Newcastle's Doughnut Eating Champion
Newcastle Regional Show Competition:
- The 3 winners of the Doughheads' Challenge will be set a new challenge to eat at the final event at the Newcastle Regional Show on Saturday 7th March, 2020.
- The person to finish this challenge in the fastest time will be crowned Newcastle's Doughnut Eating Challenge and win a year's supply of Doughheads*
- 2nd place competitor will receive a $50 gift voucher to be used in store at Doughheads
- 3rd place competitor will receive a $25 gift voucher to be used in store at Doughheads
*Valid for a 6pack of premium doughnuts every week for 52 weeks from the date of the challenge. Prize excludes any charity doughnuts and cannot be redeemed for cash or combined with any other offer or discount.
- Purchase your Challenge Ticket
for the date and time of your preferred heat (4 x heats available).
- Get your fat pants on and come into Doughheads ready to attempt the challenge
- The Challenge takes place at our shop at 17a, 200 Union Street, The Junction NSW 2291
- If you do not turn up on the agreed date and time, you will forfeit your Challenge ticket and no refunds will be given.
- If you would like to be in the running to be crowned Newcastle's Doughnut Challenge, you need to be available to enter the final at the Newcastle Regional Show on Saturday 7th March.
- If you have any dietary requirements, please make sure you NOTE them in the notes section of the checkout process. We will do our best to cater for any requirements you may have.